Learning Corner for Adults/Parents
GENERAL TOPICS OF RISK ONLINE FOR ANYONE
5 ways to avoid Back to School Online Shopping Scams – HERE
How to spot fake reviews (Scams) – HERE
Tips on how to spot FAKE NEWS (infographic) – HERE
Think you’d benefit from a workshop? Check out our workshops we offer – HERE
KIDS OR ADULTS RISKS
DEFEND’s Dark Side of the Web Podcast (a fictional account of real risks online for kids and vulnerable people). See more HERE.
Read our blog articles for more tips on how to stay safe online – HERE
RISKS TARGETING KIDS ONLINE
Need to Know (Most popular social apps and their specific risks) – Social Media Apps/Sites Breakdowns
How to Get Intimate Images Removed: https://needhelpnow.ca/app/en/
Setup Parental Controls (Written Guides) for iPhone | Android – Videos: iPhone | Android
Glossary of Internet Apps / Slang / Terms – HERE
Battle Tested Apps/Sites – Coming soon
- New research from Ireland (Nov 2021) regarding children’s online usage – Read more HERE
- DEFEND study, looks at what restrictions, parental safeguards and other safety settings on 15 major social sites/apps. SEE MORE HERE (Parents – a must look!)
- DEFEND’s second study looks at misconceptions of online sexual abuse – This data was collected in 2021. See the results HERE.
- Kids and the Metaverse – Read it HERE – by Common Sense Media (www.commonsense.org)
- Report (March 30/22) on how social media usage affects children at different ages (UK’s Ofcom): Read it HERE.
- How much screen time for kids and why – by The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry – Read it HERE